Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Here Comes the Sun

According to what I see on Facebook, road tripping in the USA has become a very popular summer holiday among my friends. Seeing all those beautiful pictures reminds me of that beautiful honeymoon we went on three years ago. I would go again. Anytime. Even though I am on honeymoon every day...



I don't know about you, but for me the greatest souvenirs I can bring home from a trip are things I can wear. It works a bit like my husband's scarf. If I wear them, I get to spend my day a bit where I bought them. Unfortunatelly, my amazing jeans from San Francisco are long dead, maybe because I wore them every other day... (where can I find great jeans again??). My earrings, a souvenir from Grand Teton National Park, a wonderful place in Wyoming, are still going strong. They made their way into my closet all the way from Grand Teton's Indian Arts Museum. That summer (and I hope this tradition continues), every week for several months, a different Indian know how and art was presented at the museum. I watched the lovely lady work her beads and loved it. I am ashamed to say I don't remeber if she was Hopi or Navajo, but I knew immediately, this was a souvenir that would have a special place in my heart. I had hard time choosing the right pair, they were all so beautiful.

I guess I picked the right one, for the moment and even though the golden colour is a bit faded, these are still one of the statement earrings I wear the most. 


They bring back memories of a warm summer day, of a skilled kraftswoman, of a long hike around the lake, of a huge ospray sitting on a tree, of a thundering waterfall and of sweet corn grilled on our campsite fire. 

Here came the sun, all the way from the lovely Indian lady, to make my day brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment