Tuesday, April 30, 2013

London, I Love You

No offense to my wonderful husband, to the beautiful city of Paris or to anyone or anywhere else, but I just LOVE London.


The excitement usually starts when we buy Eurostar tickets. Then it dies for quite some time when I realise we're not going for another few months (since you have to buy your tickets several months in advance to pay a reasonable price). Then, a few days before going, when you call, text and email your friends to set up meetings, lunches and dinners, the excitement comes back. 

And on the day of the trip, it's always this "first date" feeling, I get butterflies in my stomach. That's to tell you how excited I am every time I get the chance to go to London. Once out from the Eurostar at St Pancras, my heart (and stomach) fills with joy and I can't keep from smiling. It's like those first-days-of-a-relationship kind of excitement over and over again. I just can't wipe the smile of my face. I love the houses, the windows, the parks, the rain and the sun (oh the April showers!), the cafés and tea rooms, the shops, the hustle and bustle of the city, those distinguished old ladies walking their dogs, old gentlemen in their hats, young men in crisp tight Paul Smith suits and red socks, girls with pink hair and dresses that are way too shorter than I would ever wear in public, the fact that no one judges you no matter what you wear, how thin or fat and what colour is your hair. I think you got it, I love London.

We were so grateful to spend this weekends with friends we love and miss so much. Thank you guys for having us over, spending time with us, sipping tea, walking around, eating lobsters (yep), drinking cocktails, dancing and having fun. Thank you London, we will be back, you recharge my batteries 100%.

The rest of this post is an "I love you, London" photo-story: 














No comments:

Post a Comment